Chinese Ribs With A Five-spice SauceFrom chillidude 6 years ago
- 1½ pounds pork spare ribs shopping list
- 1 pint peanut oil shopping list
- 2 teasp chinese rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
- teasp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- tablsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teasp Chinese black rice vinegar or cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablsp garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teasp five-spice powder shopping list
- 1 tablsp brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablsp spring onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablsp chinese rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 1½ tablsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 6 tablsp Chinese black rice vinegar or cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the ribs into individual ribs, or get your butcher to do it.
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl and marinate the ribs for about an hour at room temperature, mixing them around 2 or 3 times in the hour.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and discard it (the marinade that is, not the ribs).
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok and when the oil is slightly smoking, fry the marinated spareribs in several batches until they are brown, about 5 minutes per batch.
- Drain each on some paper towels.
- Put the sauce ingredients into a clean wok.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Add ribs, cover and simmer gently for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If necessary, add a little water to the sauce to prevent the ribs from drying up and watch carefully to prevent burning.
- Place on a warm platter and serve at once.
The Cookchillidude Perth, AU
The Rating4 people
fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it .........thank you for this delicious dish...........
****five***minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
These sound really good. Thanks for a great '5' treatbrianna in loved it
Sounds Great Dude. Gonna Try This Recipe Out. Mmmm, Love Ribs.goblue434 in Anniston loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!