Chinese Ribs With A Five-spice SauceFrom chillidude 7 years ago
- 1½ pounds pork spare ribs shopping list
- 1 pint peanut oil shopping list
- 2 teasp chinese rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
- teasp toasted sesame oil shopping list
- tablsp light soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teasp Chinese black rice vinegar or cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2 tablsp garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 teasp five-spice powder shopping list
- 1 tablsp brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablsp spring onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 tablsp chinese rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
- 1½ tablsp soy sauce shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 6 tablsp Chinese black rice vinegar or cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the ribs into individual ribs, or get your butcher to do it.
- Mix the ingredients together in a bowl and marinate the ribs for about an hour at room temperature, mixing them around 2 or 3 times in the hour.
- Remove the ribs from the marinade and discard it (the marinade that is, not the ribs).
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok and when the oil is slightly smoking, fry the marinated spareribs in several batches until they are brown, about 5 minutes per batch.
- Drain each on some paper towels.
- Put the sauce ingredients into a clean wok.
- Bring the sauce to the boil, then reduce to simmer.
- Add ribs, cover and simmer gently for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If necessary, add a little water to the sauce to prevent the ribs from drying up and watch carefully to prevent burning.
- Place on a warm platter and serve at once.
The Cookchillidude Perth, AU
The Rating4 people
Sounds Great Dude. Gonna Try This Recipe Out. Mmmm, Love Ribs.goblue434 in Anniston loved it
These sound really good. Thanks for a great '5' treatbrianna in loved it
fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love it .........thank you for this delicious dish...........
****five***minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!