Funnel CakesFrom fizzle3nat 8 years ago
How to make it
- Pour vegetable oil into a skillet to a depth of one inch. Heat oil to 360 degrees F over medium-high heat.
- While oil is heating, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon, stirring well.
- In a small bowl, combine egg and milk. Add dry ingredients and beat with fork until smooth.
- Holding finger under the opening of a funnel, pour about 1/4 c. of batter into funnel. Allow batter to pour from funnel into hot oil, moving funnel in a circle to form a spiral shape. Fry one minute, turn cake, and continue frying until golden brown. Remove to paper towels to drain. Repeat with remaining batter. Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar and serve warm.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookfizzle3nat Waterville, WA
The Rating6 people
LOVE these things...thanks for a great post!debbie919 in Manahawkin loved it
i just love these things yum fiveminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Great Post!bvannetter1955 in PALM DESERT loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!