Low Carb Crock Pot Pork RibsFrom ocergm 5 years ago
How to make it
- Prepare ribs by removing membrane from the back. I use a small paring knife and a pair of needle nose pliers for easy removal. This step is necessary because the flavors will not transfer from the rub to the back of the ribs if left attached.
- Rub ribs generously with prepared rub. Use your fingers to work the rub into the meat.
- Set crock pot to low setting and timed for 7 to 8 hours
- Set ribs standing up in Crock Pot. It's OK to bend or crowd the ribs in the Pot. No liquid needed. That's right NO LIQUID. You got to trust me here....it works wonderfully!!
- After about 7 hours, i KNOW you did not peak before then......check ribs to see if they are fall off the bone done. they should be perfect. However, if you or your mate peaked once or twice they may need a few more minutes.
- Carefully remove the ribs because they will fall off the bone quite easily. Place on foil lined baking sheet.
- Now, here is where you have an option. I prefer the ribs right from the crock pot. No more fuss. They are beautiful and ready to eat Memphis style. Some of my more Southern style friends like to slather them with their favorite sauce and broil them for about 5 minutes.
- Either way you try them I am willing to bet that you will never prepare ribs a different way.
- Let me know what you think.
- By the way, we have a pretty big Crock Pot and I have tripled this recipe and it works great. Crowd as many as you can fit in your Pot. Let the party begin!