Rockfish with Citrus Bagna Cauda after Giada De LaurentiisFrom susan2 7 years ago
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons shopping list
- 4 anchovy fillets in olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic shopping list
- zest from one lemon shopping list
- zest from one orange shopping list
- juice from one med orange shopping list
- juice from half of one med lemon shopping list
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh thryme shopping list
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless rockfish fillets shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the butter and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil in a heavy med saucepan over low to med heat just until the butter is melted, stirring frequently.
- Add the anchovies and stir until the anchovies dissolve, about 2 min. Add the garlic and cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Remove from the heat. Stir in the orange juice, thyme, and lemon and orange zests. Season
- the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- The bagna cauda sauce can be made 1 day ahead.
- Cool, then cover and refrigerate. Rewarm before using.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the fish with salt and pepper and brush both sides of the fish with remaining 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil.
- Working in 2 batches, fry the fish until just opaque in center, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer fish to platter.
- Cover with foil and keep warm in the oven while cooking the second batch of fish.
- Drizzle the sauce over and around the fish and serve.
The Cooksusan2 Gold Beach, OR
- Not added to any groups yet!