Ron Magers Chocolate Flan CakeFrom poguemahone 6 years ago
- Ingredients for cake: shopping list
- devil's food cake mix (Duncan Hines preferred) shopping list
- 1 can Coke Ingredients for flan shopping list
- 1 can evaporated milk (regular, not light) shopping list
- 1 can condensed milk shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract You also need: shopping list
- 1 bottle of Cajeta (Mexican caramel or a regular caramel sauce) shopping list
- Pam to spray bundt pan shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350-degrees
- Follow instructions to make cake but use the can of coke instead of water.
- Set cake mix aside and make the flan.
- Put the flan ingredients in a blender and mix well
- Spray the bundt can with Pam and cover the bottom with caramel
- Pour cake mix into bundt pan
- Pour the flan mix gently down one side of the pan. The flan will go to the bottom and the cake mix will raise up a bit as the flan mixture fills the bottom of the pan.
- Set the bundt pan in a larger pan or tray with water. You are creating a double boiler but you need only a couple of inches of water.
- Put it all in the oven and it will cook for at least 45 minutes and as much as an hour.
- Check the cake doneness with a toothpick. The cake will stay more moist than most cakes you've ever made and you will see it separate a bit from the pan when it's done.
- Let it cool and refrigerate for several hours
- Take it out two hours before you plan to serve. Turn the bundt pan over and let it sit while warming to room temperature.
- The bundt pan should then lift off to reveal a layer of flan, topped with caramel sitting atop a very moist chocolate cake.
- If you want the flan more creamy, you can use 5 eggs instead of three and you can add a small package of Philadelphia cream cheese.
The Cookpoguemahone Lockport, IL
The Rating4 people
awsome picture great recipe thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
FAB-U-LOUS!!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
super decadent niceburgandy26 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!