THANKSGIVING BAKED STUFFED ROCKFISHFrom mrjwjohnson 6 years ago
- 1 Large Rockfish (4-5 pounds)- scaled and cleaned. Leave the head on. shopping list
- 2 fresh Limes-juiced shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 lb. of butter shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- Blackened seafood seasoning shopping list
- seasoning salt shopping list
- Old Bay Seasoning shopping list
- Heavy-duty aluminum foil shopping list
- Jack’s Smoked mussels and wild rice Stuffing shopping list
- 2 large stalks celery shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 1 stick butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 can whole smoked mussels shopping list
- 1 pkg. Uncle Ben's® Long Grain & wild rice (Original Recipe, 6.0-Ounce Box) shopping list
- 1 pkg. Stove Top stuffing mix (savory herb, 6-Ounce Box) shopping list
- 1 c. bread crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Wash and dry fish thoroughly.
- Place on a large sheet of heavy-duty aluminum foil. Make certain it is large enough to allow the juices to remain in the fish to marinate without leaking.
- Sprinkle inside and outside the cavity with little seasoning salt, blackened seafood seasoning, black pepper, Old Bay and fresh lime juice. Wrap tightly, and marinate the rockfish 4 to 6 hours.
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Allow rice to cool and add Smoked Mussels with oil.
- Finely chop celery and onions, sauté in margarine or butter until tender.
- Remove from heat and gently mix in Stove Top and bread cubes. Adjust moistness with water, as desired.
- Combined the rice and bead crumb mixtures.
- Stuff cavity of fish loosely with dressing and secure edges.
- Baste liberally with fat or oil.
- Bake at 350°F, basting frequently, until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, 45 to 60 minutes.