Sugar Cookie-Chocolate Crunch FudgeFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated) shopping list
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Create 'n Bake refrigerated sugar cookies, cut into small chunks shopping list
- 2 bags (12 oz each) semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 5 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 6 pecan crunch crunchy granola bars (3 pouches from 8.9-oz box), coarsely crushed (heaping 1 cup)* shopping list
- Fresh mint sprigs, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- In 3-quart heavy saucepan or deep 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook corn syrup, butter, salt and condensed milk over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly with wooden spoon, until well blended. Reduce heat to medium-low; stir in cookie dough chunks. Cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is smooth and candy thermometer reads 160°F. Remove from heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips and vanilla until chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Add crushed granola bars; stir until well blended. Cook over low heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture is shiny. Spread in ungreased 12x8-inch or 13x9-inch pan.** Refrigerate uncovered at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Serve in decorative candy cups or mini paper baking cups on platter garnished with mint sprigs.