Chicken-Peanut Chow MeinFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 1 cup precut matchstick-cut carrot shopping list
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed shopping list
- 2 (6-ounce) packages chow mein noodles shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil, divided shopping list
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast shopping list
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided shopping list
- 3/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 cup presliced mushrooms shopping list
- 2 teaspoons bottled fresh ground ginger (such as spice World) shopping list
- 1 cup (1-inch) sliced green onions shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry-roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Cook carrots, snow peas, and noodles in boiling water 3 minutes; drain.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cut chicken crosswise into thin strips. Add chicken and 1 tablespoon soy sauce to pan; stir-fry 3 minutes. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
- Combine remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce, broth, oyster sauce, sugar, and pepper, stirring well. Heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and ginger to pan; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add broth mixture, and cook for 1 minute. Add noodle mixture and chicken to pan; cook 1 minute, tossing to combine. Sprinkle with onions and peanuts.