Mashed Potatoes with Roasted Garlic ButterFrom hayleesgrandma 7 years ago
- Garlic butter: shopping list
- 2 whole garlic heads shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary shopping list
- Potatoes: shopping list
- 2 1/2 pounds cubed Yukon gold or red potato shopping list
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- To prepare garlic butter, remove white papery skin from garlic heads (do not peel or separate the cloves). Wrap each head separately in foil. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes; cool 10 minutes.
- Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins. Combine garlic pulp, butter, shallots, and rosemary.
- To prepare potatoes, place potato in a saucepan, and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and return potato to pan. Add broth and buttermilk; mash to desired consistency. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly. Stir in garlic butter, parsley, salt, and pepper.