German Sausage with Apples Sauerkraut and OnionFrom pleclare 5 years ago
How to make it
- Heat a 12' skillet over med. heat,and add 1tbs oil. Halve sausage lengthwise,if desired. Cook till browned and heated through,about 3 mins. a side. Transfer to plate,keep warm.
- Add remaining Tbs. of oil to skillet,if necessary. Add onion and cook for 3 mins. Add apples,stir,and cook till softened,6 to 7 mins. Stir in cider and cook 1 min. Add sauerkraut and heat till warmed through,about 2 mins.
- Transfer sauerkraut to warm serving platter and top with sausages.
- Serve with pickles and assorted mustards.
- (Sausages and sauerkraut can be kept warm,covered,in a 250 degree oven for up to 1 hour)