French Pear TartFrom wrigggit 5 years ago
- Pears: shopping list
- 8 peeled pears shopping list
- water to cover shopping list
- 1 cup sugar (I use less) shopping list
- 4 sheets sweet short pastry shopping list
- Frangipane Cream (almond tart filling): shopping list
- 195g butter shopping list
- 195g caster sugar shopping list
- 3 small eggs, whisked shopping list
- 195g almond meal (ground almonds) shopping list
- 30g flour shopping list
- flaked almonds shopping list
How to make it
- Place pears in a large pot with sugar and cover with water. Gently poach for 30 mins.
- Remove, core and cut in half.
- Cut 8 @11-12 cm discs from the pastry and place each disc in a greased 10cm start mould so it just hangs over the side.
- To make filling, cream butter and sugar, beat in egg; stir in almond meal and flour until well combined.
- Spoon into raw pastry shells -only half fill as it rises quite a bit.
- Place a pear half on top and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake at 160degC for 25 mins.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.