Porcupine Meatballs In Tomato SauceFrom wrigggit 8 years ago
- 400g lean minced (ground) beef shopping list
- 50g long grain rice shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1 brown onion- chopped shopping list
- 1 egg, whisked shopping list
- 2 tbspns flour shopping list
- olive oil spray shopping list
- 1 800g can diced Italian tomatoes shopping list
- 125ml water shopping list
- mashed potato, to serve shopping list
- shredded parmesan, to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Combine beef, rice, herbs, onion and egg in a bowl. Add salt and pepper.
- Roll mince into walnut sized balls. Toss in flour to coat.
- Spray large non stick frying pan (heated over medium to high heat), and cook meatballs in batches for 2-3 mins, til browned.
- Reduce heat to medium to low, and add diced tomato, water and meatballs. Cook, covered for 12 mins.
- Remove cover and cook a further 5 mins or until rice is tender and sauce thickens slightly.
- Divide mashed potato among plates and top with meatballs and parmesan.
- Also great with leafy salad and crusty bread.......
The Cookwrigggit Perth, Australia
- Not added to any groups yet!