Lisas Spaghetti Sauce Italian GravyFrom luvscouting 5 years ago
- 3 - 28 oz cans Tuttoroso tomato puree shopping list
- 2 - 18 oz cans Hunt's tomato paste shopping list
- 1 pkg country style spare ribs or sweet or hot sausage shopping list
- 3-4 lg. onions, sliced thin then cut in half shopping list
- 1-2 T. fresh minced garlic ( I use quite a bit cause I love garlic) shopping list
- 4 bay leaves shopping list
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup basil ( to your taste) shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup salt (its a BIG pot) shopping list
- fresh ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 3/4 cup grated romano cheese shopping list
- 1 1/2 cans water, use the puree can shopping list
- olive oil to cover bottom of pot shopping list
How to make it
- In 16 qt pot, brown meat, onions and garlic in olive oil.
- Remove meat to bowl.
- Add puree, paste and water. Whisk until smooth.
- Add all seasonings and cheese. Whisk again.
- Add meat back to pot. Bring to a low simmer.
- Simmer 4-5 hr. BUT I simmered mine for 2 hrs. on Sunday and it still came out great.
- Add more water as it cooks if you want a thinner sauce--(I like mine really thick-MIL likes hers thin)
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookluvscouting BERWICK, PA
The Rating4 people
Mama mea that’s Italian! Sounds great! Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
love this Itailan dish high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it