Shrimp In Brown Gravy Over Mashed PotatoesFrom donman 8 years ago
- ¾ stick salted butter shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 lbs. fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 heaping tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1½ cups cold water shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- ½ teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- Salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Add celery and green onion and sweat until clear.
- Add garlic and shrimp.
- Cook until shrimp are pink.
- Mix cornstarch in the cold water and add to the shrimp mixture.
- Stir until heated through.
- Add Kitchen Bouquet, pepper and salt.
- Lower heat, stir and cover for about 10 minutes.
- Serve over fresh (Redhot123 says not to use instant) mashed potatoes with green peas.
The Cookdonman Hammond, LA
The Rating7 people
Comfort, Comfort, Comfort is what we all need
these days, right? Your Shrimp&Gravy over
Mashed Potatoes is just this ~ and "5"FORK!!!!!
'to boot' (^_^)
Thank-you so much for sharing!
Blessings ~*~ mj ~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
wow great recipe , nice combo and flavor thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
THIS IS A TAILGATERS DREAM DISH! BRING IT DON'T SING IT! THANKStxbackyardcook in FORT WORTH loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!