Junk It Nawlins Bread PuddingFrom askksk 7 years ago
- 8 cups stale bread (1 medium loaf) shopping list
- 1 cup peanut butter chips shopping list
- 1 cup chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup butterscotch chips shopping list
- 1 cup chopped nuts shopping list
- 1 cup shredded coconut shopping list
- 1 cup raisin shopping list
- 1 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 8 Tbsp melted butter (1 stick) shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 Tbsp vanilla shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1/2 cup bourbon of your choice shopping list
How to make it
- Combine all ingredients. The mixture should be moist but not soupy. Pour into a buttered 9 x 13 inch baking dish. Place on middle rack in non-preheated oven. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. If you'd like a chunkier bread pudding, toss the bread, chips, nuts and fruit together and place in the buttered dish. Mix together the sugar, milk, cream, eggs, melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Pour the egg mixture over the bread mixture and bake. Serve with warm Whiskey Sauce. Store leftovers in refrigerator and reheat by portion in a microwave for 30 seconds on high.
- Sauce: Heat butter and sugar over medium heat until all the butter is absorbed. Remove from heat and blend in egg yolk. Pour in bourbon gradually to your own taste, stirring constantly. Sauce will thicken as it cools. Serve warm over bread pudding.
- Jack Daniels will give you a stronger taste, Southern Comfort will give you a sweeter taste.
The Cookaskksk LOUISVILLE, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!