Easy Sweet Potato SoupFrom cookingwithlisa 6 years ago
- ½ cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 T. butter shopping list
- 1 T. flour shopping list
- 2 cans chicken broth shopping list
- 2-3 sweet potatoes, cooked and mashed shopping list
- 1 tsp. brown sugar shopping list
- ¼ tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a large pot, saute the onion in the butter until tender. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour until smooth. Gradually stir in the chicken broth, sweet potatoes, brown sugar, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cream and cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- This soup can be served warm or chilled.