Cornish Hens With Cranberry Brandy SauceFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1 Cornish game hen thawed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup apricot brandy shopping list
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup honey shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 and with large knife cut through breast bone and open bird fully.
- Turn bird over and cut through back to split hen into two pieces.
- Wash bird well then season with salt and pepper.
- Place hen pieces in baking pan large enough to hold pieces in one layer then bake 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven then cover with foil and set aside.
- In medium sauté pan over medium heat warm brandy and cranberries.
- Carefully light a match and flame brandy.
- When flame subsides add balsamic vinegar and honey then cook stirring until thickened.
- Serve over hens.