Roasted Beet Salad w Orange amp Beet GreensFrom ashleythm 6 years ago
- 6 medium beets with beet greens attached ( combination of red and yellow works great too! Check with your local farmer.) shopping list
- 2 large oranges (segments cut out and reserved) shopping list
- 1 small sweet onion, cut through root end into thin wedges shopping list
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300
- Cut beet greens from beets, and wash both under cold water.
- Place beets in a bowl, lightly oil and salt them, toss to coat.
- In a deep baking dish, place beets inside, pour enough water in the dish so that it comes up about 1/4 of the beet.
- Cover tightly with foil, and bake for 45 min, or until tender with a knife.
- Cook beet greens in large saucepan of salted boiling water just until tender, about 2 minutes. Drain. Cool. Squeeze greens to remove excess moisture.
- Once beets are done, let cool, and remove the skin with a cloth rag, and slice into quarters.
- Combine beet greens, quartered beets, orange segments, and onion in large bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together the red wine vinegar, evoo, garlic, and grated orange peel.
- Dress beets with dressing, and serve
The Cookashleythm North Hollywood, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!