Pizza HoagiesFrom mountainmama 5 years ago
- 1 pound ground chuck shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped ripe olives shopping list
- 1/4 cup banana peppers shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried basil shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 8 hoagie or submarine sandwich buns or French rolls shopping list
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce, olives, basil and oregano. Cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut 1/4 in. off the top of each roll; set aside. Carefully hollow out bottom of roll, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese inside each shell. Fill each with about 1/2 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, gently pressing down to flatten. Replace bread tops.
- Individually wrap four sandwiches tightly in foil; freeze for up to 3 months. Place remaining sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen: Place foil wrapped sandwiches on baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 60-70 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.