Mediterranean SteakFrom migobgr 6 years ago
- 4 pork filets. shopping list
- 1 lemon. shopping list
- 1 tbs fresh thyme chopped. shopping list
- 2 tbs olive oil. shopping list
- 1 bag stir/fry vegetables (aubergine,zucchini,red/yellow/green bell pepper, leek) feel free to add or change like you want. shopping list
- 1 onion sliced. shopping list
- 1 clove garlic sliced. shopping list
- 1 pinch sea salt. shopping list
- 1 pinch fresh black pepper. shopping list
- And, if you have it: a skottelbraai ( = original South African gas barbecue on which one can grill, bake and wok). shopping list
How to make it
- Scrubb lemon with a hard brush and grate 1 tbs of the skin, then press the juice out.
- Rub the pork filets with1 tbs lemonjuice, 1/2 tbs of the shredded skin,1/2 tbs thyme,pepper and olive oil, ( I do as follows: put the ingredients in a little jar and shake till well mixed, then coat the meat with a brush with the mixture, let minimum stand 30 min.
- Cut the vegetables in chunks.
- Bake the steaks *8-10* min till brown and done (turn several times). *Put steaks to one side of the " skottelbraai" after 4 min baking*.
- Add vegetables and stirr fry 10 min till done.
- *Take meat out as soon as done* and put the rest of the thyme, lemon skin to the vegetables and mix, taste with lemon juice, sea salt and pepper.
- Put vegetables on preheated (optionnal) plates and top with a pork steak.
- Goes nice with a pasta salad.
The Cookmigobgr Thessaloniki Greece, GR
- Not added to any groups yet!