Oxtail And Vegetable SoupFrom leiasuzanne 6 years ago
- 1 package oxtail shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil canola or olive shopping list
- 1 can stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 large onion chopped shopping list
- 5 stocks celery chopped shopping list
- 4 large carrots chopped shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic shopping list
- 6 radishes sliced shopping list
- 3 c spinach shopping list
- a few handfuls whole small mushrooms shopping list
- 2 small zuchini chopped shopping list
- Shredded cabbage about 1 cup shopping list
- about one tablespoon sliced fresh ginger shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- A pinch of marjoram shopping list
- 1 1/2 c pasta (macaroni) shopping list
- water shopping list
How to make it
- Begin by heating oil in a deep stock pot then brown meat well on all sides.
- Set all vegetables aside except for onion, garlic, stewed tomatoes, ginger, and celery. (Add those into the stock pot)
- Cover well with water.
- Add salt, pepper, bay, and marjoram.
- Cover and boil for atleast 4-5 hours.
- Remove oxtail from broth when meat is nearly falling from the bone. Set aside and when cool enough to handle pull meat off bone and place back into stock.
- Now add remaining vegetables in with the meat, except spinach, cabbage, and radishes.
- Simmer for about thirty minutes then the last remaining 15 minutes add pasta, spinach, and radishes.
- Serve when pasta is cooked al adente.
The Cookleiasuzanne CA
- Not added to any groups yet!