Gingerbread Cupcakes with Eggnog FrostingFrom housewifey84 8 years ago
- For gingerbread cupcakes: shopping list
- 4 tbsp. veg. oil shopping list
- 3/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c. molasses shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 2/3 c. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 t. ground cloves shopping list
- 1 t. ground ginger shopping list
- 1/8 t. nutmeg shopping list
- 1 c. hot water (not boiling) shopping list
- For eggnog frosting: shopping list
- 3 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 3/4 c. eggnog shopping list
- 1 stick softened butter shopping list
- 1/2 c. shortening shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla shopping list
- 1 c. sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Mix oil and sugar, add molasses and egg mix well.
- In another bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Slowly alternate adding a little dry to egg mixture then little water til all incorporated, don't over mix.
- Grease pan or use paper liners, fill cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 18-20 min. til they spring back in center.
- For frosting: In small saucepan over med-low heat mix flour and eggnog stirring constantly til thickened. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix butter, shortening and vanilla on med-hi speed.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add cooled eggnog mixture and mix well.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookhousewifey84 Adirondacks, NY
The Rating3 people
Yum. Love gingerbread and this one sounds great with the eggnot frosting. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
love these gingerbreadcupcakes thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
THESE LOOK AWESOME! My family loves gingerbread and eggnog, so these will be a hit. I love that the frosting is made like a traditional red velvet frosting, but with eggnog. Genius idea! I bet it is fantastic! I am saving and printing this one. ...morefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!