Gingerbread Cupcakes with Eggnog FrostingFrom housewifey84 5 years ago
- For gingerbread cupcakes: shopping list
- 4 tbsp. veg. oil shopping list
- 3/4 c. sugar shopping list
- 1/3 c. molasses shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 2/3 c. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 t. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 t. ground cloves shopping list
- 1 t. ground ginger shopping list
- 1/8 t. nutmeg shopping list
- 1 c. hot water (not boiling) shopping list
- For eggnog frosting: shopping list
- 3 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 3/4 c. eggnog shopping list
- 1 stick softened butter shopping list
- 1/2 c. shortening shopping list
- 1 t. vanilla shopping list
- 1 c. sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Mix oil and sugar, add molasses and egg mix well.
- In another bowl mix dry ingredients.
- Slowly alternate adding a little dry to egg mixture then little water til all incorporated, don't over mix.
- Grease pan or use paper liners, fill cups 2/3 full.
- Bake in preheated 350 oven for 18-20 min. til they spring back in center.
- For frosting: In small saucepan over med-low heat mix flour and eggnog stirring constantly til thickened. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl mix butter, shortening and vanilla on med-hi speed.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Add cooled eggnog mixture and mix well.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookhousewifey84 Adirondacks, NY
The Rating3 people
THESE LOOK AWESOME! My family loves gingerbread and eggnog, so these will be a hit. I love that the frosting is made like a traditional red velvet frosting, but with eggnog. Genius idea! I bet it is fantastic! I am saving and printing this one. ...morefizzle3nat in Waterville loved it
love these gingerbreadcupcakes thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Yum. Love gingerbread and this one sounds great with the eggnot frosting. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!