Asian Spice Braised Duck LegsFrom debra47 9 years ago
- 4 duck legs shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 8 shitake mushroom caps, quartered shopping list
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 tbsp garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 6 star anise shopping list
- 4 whole cloves shopping list
- 1 tsp Szechuan pepper shopping list
- 1/2 tsp cardamom seeds shopping list
- 1/4 cup honey shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 cup merlot shopping list
- 1 cup beef broth shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Grind star anise, whole cloves, Szechuan pepper and cardamom seeds to a fine powder.
- Heat the sesame oil in pan just large enough to hold the duck legs in asingle layer. Brown the legs well on both sides and remove from pan.
- Pour off all but a tablespoon of the fat.
- Add onion, shitake mushrooms, ginger and garlic to pan and saute until softened, then sprinkle in ground spices.
- Cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Add the honey, soy sauce, Merlot and beef broth.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and place in the oven and braise for 1 1/2 hours until tender.
- Serve over steamed Asian noodles.
The Cookdebra47 Fylde, GB
The Rating2 people
As a lover of duck,I'll have to do this,it sounds great.Thanks for the post...robertg in loved it