Peach PieFrom kytigger 6 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 egg whites, room temperature shopping list
- Pinch salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp almond extract shopping list
- 1 ( 9 ounce) container whipped topping shopping list
- 1 ( 16 ounce) can peach slices, drained shopping list
How to make it
- Beat egg whites slightly. Add salt and cream of tartar.
- Beat until soft peaks form, gradually adding sugar 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Fold in nuts and vanilla extract. Pour into buttered 9-inch pie pan, spreading evenly over bottom and sides.
- Place in cold oven. Bake 40 minutes at 300 degrees, or until lightly browned. This may be made the day before serving.
- In bowl of electric mixer, blend cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract; add whipped topping. Fold in peach slices.
- Pour into pie shell and chill.