Country Fried SteakFrom ltiblierjr 4 years ago
How to make it
- Tenderize meat with a good ole' Tenderizer
- mix salt and pepper to taste into flour
- mix eggs with milk into a pan
- heat cooking oil in pan, I use an Iron Skillet
- Taking individual pieces of beef or chicken dip them into flour,then coat them making sure to keep one side of tray for the messy part. leave yourself enough room in dish to keep flour piled so you have enough to spread over meat.
- dip floured pieces into egg/milk mixture then back into flour mixture,relax if it's so tender it falls apart, if it's your first time this will happen.
- While the oil is heating you should have about 3 pieces ready to go in. Put some pices in and let fry for about 5 minutes, if chicken then you need to fry for 10 minutes, on each side.
- With the left-over flour you can make a White Gravy, it's ok if you got pieces, in it. In a seperate skillet, melt some butter and add the flour to it, stir it around until it's a color you like, it can be darker for darker gravy for near white then you add milk as soon as the better and flour are stirrred in. Now you got Country Gravy to serve on top of Steak and also added note this is a basic ROUX if you didn't know that already.Serve steak over mashed potatoes with Green Beans,Corn or your favorite black-eyes or field peas and now you got a full SOUTHERN COUNTRY, Feed the whole family kindda meal
The Cookltiblierjr Slidell, LA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!