Kentucky Cake With Butter SauceFrom chefmeow 5 years ago
- 1 cup butter shopping list
- 2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- butter sauce: shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vanilla or rum shopping list
How to make it
- In large mixing bowl cream butter then gradually add sugar.
- In small bowl combine buttermilk and vanilla.
- In another bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.
- Add buttermilk mixture alternating with dry ingredients to butter mixture then combine well.
- Turn into a greased and floured tube pan and bake at 325 for 1 hour.
- For sauce mix sugar, water and butter in small saucepan.
- Heat until butter melts but do not boil then add vanilla or rum.
- When cake is done prick top with a fork while it is still hot and slowly pour sauce over cake.
- Serve warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!