Lotus Root Stir FryFrom zoetheunicorn 8 years ago
- **marinade** shopping list
- 3 tsp curry powder shopping list
- 3 tsp fresh ginger, grated shopping list
- 6 tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsp dry sherry shopping list
- ****** shopping list
- 1 lotus root shopping list
- 300g packet firm tofu, cubed shopping list
- about 2 dried black fungus (can substitute some big swiss brown 'shrooms) shopping list
- about 10 button mushrooms, sliced or quartered, whatever shopping list
- 2 schallots/srping onions, diagonally sliced shopping list
- 1 small tin water chestnuts, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients.
- Peel the lotus root (how cool is the sound it makes??), clice into about 1cm thick slices and plinge into a bowl of water with a few drps of lemon juice in it. Drain.
- Marinade the lotus root and tofu for atleast 2 hours, all day if possible, turning every now and then.
- If youre using dried black fungus, place in a bowl of water and soak for 30 minutes, till pliable, then drain.
- When its all done marinating, add the lotus and tofu to your (oiled) wok and tir fry for about 2 minutes, add shrooms (both kinds) and water chestnuts and stirfry another few minutes. toss through schallots.
- Garnish with extra schallots, serve.
The Cookzoetheunicorn Hastings, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!