Beer-Beef StewFrom roger 10 years ago
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 2 large potatoes, chopped shopping list
- 3 1/2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrots shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup chili sauce shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried basil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 3/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup beer shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place beef stew meat and flour in a large ziplock bag, and shake to coat. Transfer coated meat to the skillet, and cook about 1 minute, until browned.
- Mix the potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, and garlic in a slow cooker. Place browned beef over vegetables, and season with thyme and basil.
- In a small bowl, beer, mix the chili sauce, and brown sugar, and pour over the meat in the slow cooker.
- Cover slow cooker, and cook 8 hours on Low or 2 hours on High (keep in mind every crockpot cooks differently).
The Cookroger San Francisco, CA
The Rating4 people
I made this ont he weekend and it was delicious. Thanks for sharing this recipe!gleefully in Prague loved it
Mornin Roger: This is not really standard stew. Standard stew is booooring and this will be interesting. I ran across a similar stew in Wagawaga, NSW, Aussie but no chili sauce and they used lamb. I reckon your recipe but with lean mutton will be a c...moreelgourmand in Apia loved it
I was looking for something easy and different compared to the stew I usually make each fall and choose yours. I usually don't use tomato products in beef stew. Turns out your stew was a big hit and I will certainly make more and for the freezer. Tha...moreval_mcginty in North Sydney loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!