Open-face Mushroom SandwichesFrom huminbrd56 6 years ago
- 1 12 0z package sliced portobello mushrooms shopping list
- brown mustard shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 slices pumpernickel bread, toasted shopping list
- 4 tablespoons salsa, your choice of flavor, preferably low salt shopping list
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 individually packaged pieces of low fat string cheese, sliced in rounds shopping list
- 2 large cherry tomatoes, or one small tomato, cut in small pieces shopping list
- 1 slice of red onion, chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, chopped shopping list
- 1 long slice of kosher dill pickle, chopped shopping list
- basil shopping list
- Crazy Jane's Mixed Up pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Set out two plates.
- Turn on the oven broiler.
- Cover the toasted bread with a layer of brown mustard.
- Set the bread aside on an oven safe pan.
- In a large skillet, heat he olive oil on medium high.
- Quickly add the onion, mushrooms, and garlic to the pan.
- Saute until the mushrooms begin to soften, then add the tomatoes and cook until the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add the dill pickle and turn off the heat under the pan.
- Pile the mushroom mixture evenly over the bread.
- Add the sliced cheese, then lightly sprinkle some Parmesan over the whole thing.
- Last, sprinkle some basil over all and place under the broiler until the cheese begins to brown and melt.
- Serve the salsa on the side.