Cornish Hens With Cumberland SauceFrom 22566 7 years ago
- 4 Rock Cornish hens shopping list
- 2 Cups seasoned croutons shopping list
- 1/2 Cup wheat germ shopping list
- 1/2 Cup celery and Leaves,chopped finely shopping list
- 1/2 Cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1/3 Cup butter shopping list
- 1 teaspoon sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Cumberland Sauce: shopping list
- 1(10oz) Jar red currant jelly shopping list
- 1/2 Cup golden raisins shopping list
- 1/4 Cup butter shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice shopping list
How to make it
- Rinse and drain the hens well.
- In bowl combine croutons,wheat germ,celery,chicken broth,2 tablespoons melted butter,sugar,and salt.
- Lightly spoon mixture into hens.
- Truss the legs of each hen.
- Brush grenerously with some of the melted butter.
- Place hens breast side up,on a rack in open roasting pan.
- Roast at 375 degrees,brushing occasionally with melted butter for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile,prepare the Cumberland Sauce:
- In a Saucepan over medium-low heat,cook together jelly,raisins,butter,lemon juice and allspice,stirring occasionally until mixture is well blended,about 10 minutes.
- During the last 15 minutes of roasting the hens,brush them generously with the sauce.
- Serve hens garnished with a jar of spiced crabapples,that have been drained.
- Serve the Cumberland Sauce as will.
The Cook22566 TX
- Not added to any groups yet!