Great Oatmeal CookiesFrom recipediva 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cups raisins shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 2 tablespoons water shopping list
- 1 cup shortening shopping list
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white sugar shopping list
- 1 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 1/8 teaspoon bakingh powder shopping list
- 3 3/4 cup rolled oats shopping list
- craisins if you wish instead or plus the raisins shopping list
How to make it
- Cover raisins with warm water and soak 10 minutes to plump. ( I some times soak it in rum, then drain)
- Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Combine eggs, 2 tablespoons of water, vanilla, shortening and sugars in mixer bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients.
- Add to egg mixture and beat on low speed 2-3 minutes or until smooth.
- Add oats and raisins mix until blended.
- Form into 2 inch logs.
- Wrap in waxed paper and chill until firm.
- Slice rolls into 1/2 inch thick slices and place onto baking sheets.
- Flatten to 1/4 inche thickness and bake.
- 375 10 to 12 minutes.
- I often use a big scoop and flatten down before baking.
- This is crunchy on outside and soft inside. Almost candy like.
- Sometimes I had to bake longer. Keep an eye on it.
The Cookrecipediva Pittsburgh, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!