Laura Bushs Mashed Potato SoupFrom mrswolcott22 5 years ago
- 1 medium onion, diced shopping list
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 6 cups leftover mashed potatoes shopping list
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled shopping list
- 3 cups whipping cream or milk shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- Fresh chives, minced shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a large soup pot, saute diced onions and red pepper over medium heat in 2 tablespoons butter until onions are clear.
- Add cooked crumbled bacon, leftover mashed potatoes and whipping cream or milk. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with garnishes of sour cream, grated cheddar cheese and chives.
- This recipe from RecipeGoldmine for Laura Bush's Mashed Potato Soup serves 4.
The Cookmrswolcott22 Oceanside, CA
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!