Turtle CakeFrom askksk 8 years ago
- 1 14 oz package vanilla caramel shopping list
- 1 5 oz can evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 18.25 oz package German chocolate cake mix with pudding shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups water shopping list
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 stick) butter, melted shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 12 oz package (2 cups) semisweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 2 cups chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- Place rack in center of 350 degree oven. Lightly oil
- 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Place caramels and evaporated milk in small saucepan over low heat. Stir and cook until caramels melt 4-5 minutes. Cover to keep warm and set pan aside.
- Place cake mix, water, butter and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Blend with electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute. Increase mixer speed to medium and beat 2 minutes more. Pour half of the batter into prepared pan, smoothing batter.
- Bake cake until it begins to puff around the edges but the center is still soft, 13-15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, but leave the oven on.
- Pour caramel mixture over the cake and spread it out to the edges of the pan with rubber spatula. Sprinkle top with 1 cup chocolate chips and 1 cup of pecans. Pour remaining cake batter evenly over top and carefully spread it out to the edges of the pan with rubber spatula. Place in oven.
- Bake cake 35-40 minutes or until sides just begin to pull away from sides of pan. Remove from oven but leave oven on. Cool on wire rack.
- Melt the remaining 1 cup chocolate chips in small saucepan over low hear until melted and smooth. Spread the mixture over the cake with a rubber spatula, and then sprinkle the toasted pecans over the chocolate glaze. Allow cake to cool 20 minutes before slicing.
- Store cake at room temperature up to 5 days, 1 week in refrigerator or up to 6 months in freezer.