Amaretto Italian Sour Cream CakeFrom kytigger 8 years ago
- 2 eggs, separated shopping list
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 cup coconut shopping list
- 1/2 cup ground pecans or nuts shopping list
- 1 package pudding-included butter recipe cake mix shopping list
- 1 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup Amaretto shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- GLAZE: shopping list
- 1 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cocoa shopping list
- 2 tablespoons Amaretto shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened shopping list
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup shopping list
- 2 to 4 teaspoons water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground pecans or nuts shopping list
- 6 maraschino cherries shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using 2 tablespoons shortening, generously grease a 10 inch tube pan.
- In small bowl, beat 2 egg whites until foamy. Gradually add brown sugar and beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes. Fold in coconut and ground pecans.
- Spread meringue on bottom and sides of pan to within 1 inch of top of pan.
- In large bowl, blend cake mix, sour cream, amaretto, water, eggs and 2 yolks at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at highest speed. Pour batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 55-65 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool upright in pan for 10 minutes. Loosen sides and invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
- GLAZE: In a small bowl, blend powdered sugar, cocoa, amaretto, butter, corn syrup and water until smooth. Spoon over top of cake, allowing some to run down sides of cake. Sprinkle with ground pecans. Garnish with cherries
The Cookkytigger Louisville, KY
The Rating5 people
worth the extra weight I'm going to put on. 5 from mecookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
Wow, this is very intriguing and different. I love the meringue and the amaretto introduction. Sounds absolutely delicious. I'm printing this off, too - to see what I need to buy to make it. Thanks so much! ^ 5 from me....and I'll let you know wh...morelunasea in Orlando loved it
This recipe is so unique I have to try it! ^5 and a big WOW!grumpybaker in Jacksonville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!