Peter Pumpkin BreadFrom annieamie 8 years ago
- Dough shopping list
- 3-1 / 2 to 4 cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 / 4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 envelope FLEISCHMANN’S RapidRise yeast shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 / 2 cup water shopping list
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling shopping list
- 1 / 4 cup butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- powdered sugar glaze shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk shopping list
- food coloring, orange for pumpkin and green for stem (optional) shopping list
- raisins, Dried apple pieces for decoration shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Heat water, pumpkin, and butter until very warm (120o to 130oF). Gradually add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally. Add egg and 1 cup flour; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Stir in enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth and elastic, about 8 to 10 minutes. Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Reserve a plum-size piece of dough. Divide remaining dough into 4 equal pieces; roll each piece to 7-inch rope. Place side-by-side on greased baking sheet. Pinch ends together to shape into pumpkin. Shape reserved dough into stem. Place over top of pumpkin; pinch to seal. Cover; let rise in warm, draft-free place until doubled in size, about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375oF for 20 minutes or until done. Remove from sheet; cool on wire rack. Decorate with colored Powdered Sugar Glaze, raisins and apple pieces to resemble a face, if desired.
- Powdered Sugar Glaze
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and milk. Stir until smooth.
- To color glaze:
- Green: Add 1 to 2 drops green food color to 2 tablespoons Powdered Sugar Glaze.
- Orange: Add 2 to 3 drops each of red and yellow food color to remaining Powdered Sugar Glaze.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
The Rating1 people
my grandsons will love this thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it