Extreme Banana Nutbread or muffinsFrom leftielady 8 years ago
- 2 C all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 C butter or margarine, softened (I use butter) shopping list
- 2 C white sugar (I use 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 Splenda) shopping list
- 2 C mashed overripe bananas shopping list
- 4 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 C chopped walnuts (you can omit if there are nut allergies; it'll still taste good!) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour (or line with parchment paper) two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans.
- Sift the flour, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter (or margarine) and sugar until smooth. Stir in the mashed bananas, eggs, and walnuts until well blended. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture, and stir just until blended. Divide the batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes in the preheated oven, until a knife inserted into the crown of the loaf comes out clean. (I cover loosely with foil if it starts browning before the center is done.)
- Let the loaves cool in the pans for at least 5 minutes, then turn out onto a cooling rack, and cool completely. Wrap in aluminum foil to keep in the moisture. Ideally, refrigerate the loaves for 2 hours or more before serving.
- * For muffins, preheat the oven to 375 and bake for about 20 minutes. Use cupcake/muffin liners so you don't have to grease the muffin tins.
The Cookleftielady Brooklyn, OH
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!