Homemade Ice CreamFrom migobgr 6 years ago
- 6 bananes. shopping list
- 200 gr Greek drained yoghurt. shopping list
- 1/2 ts ground cinnamon. shopping list
- 3 ts honey, ( thyme if you can find it). shopping list
- 50 gr currants. shopping list
- 3 tbs Grand Marnier or Cointreau, (make for the kids with 1 tbs). shopping list
- 50 gr cooking chocolate shredded. shopping list
- 50 gr hazelnuts crumbled. shopping list
- 4 tbs caramel, or chocolate sauce, or any taste you like, ( here we buy ready in jars). shopping list
How to make it
- The night before put : 1 bowl and 4 serving bowls or glasses in the freezer, so that the moment you are going to use them they are ice cold.
- Soak the currants 10 min in the liquor, drain and set aside, keep the liquor.
- In the blender lightly beat , 4 bananes, the yoghurt, the cinnamon, the honey and the liquor till mixed well, add the currants and mix with a fork in the yoghurt .
- Put in the ice cold bowl and back in the freezer, min 5 hours to freeze well, ( 6 is better).
- Roast / stirr the crumbled hazelnuts in a dry frying pan a few min till lightly colored.
- Slice the 2 remaining bananes.
- Warm the sauce of your choice
- Take the serving bowls or glasses out of the freezer and put a layer of banana slices inside, top with 2 ice balls and fill with the sauce, top with crumbled hazelnuts and shredded chocolate and serve.