Baileys Banana Butterscotch TrifleFrom bismyno1 6 years ago
- 85 g (3 oz) soft toffees (Werthers Original chewy toffees are great) shopping list
- 250 ml (9 fl oz) Baileys shopping list
- 4 slices, about 140 g (5 oz) chocolate or walnut cake or banana loaf shopping list
- 2 medium bananas, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1-2 teaspoons finely ground espresso coffee shopping list
- 142 ml carton double cream shopping list
- a little icing sugar shopping list
- 25 g (1 oz) dark chocolate, grated or made into curls shopping list
How to make it
- COOK TIME IS ACTUALLY CHILLING TIME
- Put the toffees into a small saucepan with 4 tablespoons of the Baileys . Stir over a gentle heat until the toffees melt into the liqueur to form a sticky sauce - dont let it boil. Set aside to cool.
- Crumble a cake slice into the bottom of each of the glasses (200ml or 7fl oz glasses are ideal) and lightly press the crumbs with your fingers to firm them down. Drizzle each portion with 2 tablespoons of Baileys. Divide the between the glassses, lightly pushing them down to settle them. Spoon the toffee sauce over the banana layers.
- Add 4 tablespoons of Baileys and 1-2 teaspoons of ground espresso coffee to the cream and whip until it forms soft peaks. Taste, and if its not sweet enough for you add some sieved icing sugar. Carefully top each trifle with spoonfuls of the flavoured cream and sprinkle wih grated chocolate or top with a pile of chocolate curls. Chill for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- THE TRIFLES CAN BE MADE 2-3 HOURS AHEAD.
- PLEASE REMEMBER THAT BAILEYS LIQUEUR IS AN ALCOHOLIC DRINK SO THIS IS AN ADULTS DESSERT.