Carmelized Onion and Brie BitesFrom kytigger 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin pan by spraying the inside of each well with cooking spray.
- Open can of biscuit dough and separate into individual biscuits. Cut each biscuit in quarters to form dough pieces. Place a dough piece in each well. Gently push the dough piece inside the well to form a cup. Repeat until all wells are filled with a dough piece. Fill each well with brie. Top each well with caramelized onion.
- Bake in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes or until golden brown
- How To Caramelize Onions
- Slice onions into 1/4-inch wide rings
- Heat butter or combination of butter and oil in heavy skillet.
- Add onions and a small amount of sugar (optional) and slowly cook over medium heat.
- Cook until onions are caramel colored, stirring often, 30 to 40 minutes.
- For more flavor, add a touch of vinegar at the end of cooking, stirring to deglaze the pan.
- Large, mild-flavored onions work best
- Caramelized onions can be frozen in an airtight container up to three months.