Chicken Soup with RiceFrom pleclare 4 years ago
- 1 2lb.rotisserie chicken shopping list
- 3 celery ribs shopping list
- 1 lg. onion,quartered,left unpeeled shopping list
- 6 fresh sprigs parsley plus 2Tbs chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs shopping list
- 1 bayleaf shopping list
- 4 141/2oz cans chicken broth plus 2 cans low-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 2 med. carrots,peeled and sliced 1/4" thick shopping list
- 1/2c uncooked long or short grain rice shopping list
How to make it
- Remove meat from chicken;reserving skin and bones. Coarsely chop 1 celery rib and place in 6 to 8 qt. pot along with chicken bones,skin,onion,parsley sprigs,thyme sprigs,bayleaf,both chicken broths and 6 cups of water.
- Simmer,partly covered,for 1 hour. Meanwhile shread enough chicken meat to yield 11/2c(pieces about 1" long and 1/4" thick,reserving remaining meat for another use. Cut remaining celery ribs in 1/4" dice.
- Pour chicken broth through a fine mesh strainer into another large pot,pressing hard on solids with back of spoon,then discarding them. If necessary,skim fat. Add carrots ,diced celery and rice.
- Simmer,partly covered,stirring occasionally till the vegetables are tender and rice very soft, about 30 mins. Stir in shreaded chicken and chopped parsley.
- Serve hot. Yields 21/2 qts.