Rockin Moroccan TagineFrom eyecook 6 years ago
- 2 T olive oil or 2 T ghee shopping list
- 2 chicken breasts shopping list
- 1 onion sliced in half and then into thin slices shopping list
- 3 or more cloves of garlic chopped coarsly shopping list
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced (if organic, just slice) shopping list
- 1 small to medium squash (butternut or buttercup) peeled (the peeling is the hardest part of this whole job - I suggest a vegetable peeler, lots of patience and have the kids out of reach while you're swearing cause it's so amazingly tough to peel - if you have any hints - please let me know!!!) and diced shopping list
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or 2 T Better than Bouillon Reduced Sodium vegetable broth and 4 cups water shopping list
- 1 can of garbanzo beans, drained shopping list
- 1 - 28oz can of Muir Glen diced fire roasted tomatoes (or similar) shopping list
- 2 T turbinado sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup lemon juice shopping list
- 1 t salt shopping list
- 2 t ground coriander shopping list
- 1 t paprika shopping list
- optional - a sprinkle of cayenne pepper - although this is best added to taste when the soup is served shopping list
How to make it
- In a shallow soup pot brown chicken breasts in 1 T olive oil, set aside and dice when cooled.
- Add 1 more T of oil to the pot then add the onion and garlic and saute till onion is transparent.
- Add chicken back in and add everything else.
- Bring to simmer, and simmer till veggies are tender - about 30 minutes - and if it seems like there is not enough water add more 1 cup at a time.
- Serve with crusty bread and butter.