Thumbprint CookiesFrom pamelanava 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, cream the butter and sugar and stir in vanilla extract.
- In medium bowl mix salt and flour.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture until dough is crumbly, but holds together when pinched.
- Take a wanut sized piece of dough in one hand.
- With thumb of of other hand gently knead it three of four times.
- Roll piece into a ball and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- With kunckle or fingertip, press a well into center and fill with 1/2 tsp of jelly.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Cool and store in airtight container.
- Makes about 6 dozen