Shrimp Stir-Fry With Black Bean Beer SauceFrom juels 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup beer (any ale) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. mushroom soy sauce (can be substituted for any other dark soy sauce) shopping list
- 2 tbsp. honey shopping list
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tbsp. olive OR vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 medium sweet bell pepper (any color), seeded and sliced into strips shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups fresh snow peas (or green beans), OR 1 pkge frozen, defrosted shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced or shredded carrots shopping list
- 1 1/2 lbs raw shrimp, tails off and deveined shopping list
- 1 (15 oz ) can of black beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped chives OR scallions shopping list
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch shopping list
- 1 tbsp. cold water shopping list
How to make it
- Combine beer, soy sauce, honey, garlic, salt and pepper in food processor. Process until finely chopped. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok. Add bell pepper and carrors. Cook and stir 3-5 min.
- Add snow peas (or green beans) and shrimp. Cook and stir another 3 min.
- Stir in the black beans, beer sauce and scallions. Cook until heated through and the shrimps are cooked, about 4 more min.
- Dissolve 1 tbsp. cornstarch in about 1 tbsp. of cold water. Stir until smooth. Add the cornstarch mixture to thicken up the sauce. Serve warm over rice.