Frozen Pumpkin PieFrom sheba 6 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 1 1/3 cups Graham crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 cups ground almonds, toasted shopping list
- 2 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/4 tsp grated orange peel shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 pkgs (102 g each) vanilla instant pudding mix shopping list
- 1 can (385 ml) evaporated milk shopping list
- 1 pkg (125 g) soft cream cheese shopping list
- 1 can (14 oz) pure pumpkin, not pie filling, can also use fresh pumpkin shopping list
- 1 tbsp frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 tsp each grated orange peel and ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- For crust: In small bowl, thoroughly combine graham crumbs, almonds, sugar, orange peel and butter. Press mixture evenly over bottom and up side of 9 inch pie plate. Bake in 350F oven 6-8 minutes. Cool before filling.
- In large mixer bowl, combine pudding mix with 1 cup of the milk. Beat until well blended, 1-2 minutes. Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in remaining milk, pumpkin, juice concentrate, vanilla, orange peel and cinnamon.
- Pour into crust. Freeze 8 hours or overnight. Allow pie to stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish with whipped cream if desire.