Veal RollsFrom lincolntoot 8 years ago
- 12 veal cutlets, cut very thin shopping list
- 12 thin slices prosciutto or cooked ham shopping list
- 1 tbsp butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, peeled shopping list
- 1/2 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 24 oz. cooked fresh spinach, drained shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Pound veal cutlets with a rolling pin or mallet between 2 sheets of waxed paper until as thin as possible.
- Put a piece of prosciutto or ham , trimmed to a size slightly smaller than the veal piece, on top of each piece of veal and roll up, fastening each roll with a toothpick.
- Heat butter , oil and garlic clove in large skillet.
- Add veal rolls and brown lightly on all sides. Add chicken stock and wine.
- Cover tightly and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove rolls from pan and keep hot.
- Discard garlic.
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Butter a 10x6-2 baking dish.
- Boil the liquid left in the skillet hard until only the fat remains. Add the spinach and salt and stir until spinach is hot approx. 1 minute.
- Spoon spinach into prepared baking dish.
- Put veal rolls on top of spinach and pour any pan juices over all.
- cover baking dish and bake 15 minutes or until veal is very tender.