AlcapurriasFrom chefboriqua 8 years ago
- The Masa: (Batter) shopping list
- 5 green bananas shopping list
- 1 lb. taro root (yautía) shopping list
- 2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. vinegar shopping list
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 small envelope sazón with annatto (achiote) coloring shopping list
- Lots of vegetable cooking oil for deep frying shopping list
- The Filling: follow my picadillo recipe shopping list
How to make it
- The Masa:
- Thoroughly wash the yautías then peel.
- Peel the green bananas and wash with salted water.
- Grate the bananas and yautías then add the salt, vinegar, oil and sazón.Mix well and set aside.
- On the palm of your hand (or if you are lucky enough to have plantain leaves), spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture and make a shallow well. (You may also use wax paper)
- Spread 1 1/2 teaspoons of the filling mixture in the well and cover the filling (meat) with the banana mixture all around. (At this time of the recipe, you can fry the alcapurria or store in the freezer for later use.)
- In a deep fryer or deep frying pan, heat lots of vegetable oil to cover the alcapurrias.
- Fry until slightly crispy.
The Cookchefboriqua Paterson, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!