Smoky Broccoli-Potato Soup with GreensFrom mystic_river1 4 years ago
- 2 medium red potatoes, chopped shopping list
- 1 14-oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 3 cups small broccoli florets shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 2 cups smoked gouda cheese, shredded (8 oz.) shopping list
- 2 cups winter greens (such as curly endive, chicory, romaine, escarole, or spinach) shopping list
- escarole is my choice shopping list
- Additional gouda cheese, shredded (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan combine potatoes and broth. Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Simmer, covered, 8 minutes. Mash slightly.
- Add broccoli and milk; bring just to simmering.
- In medium bowl toss flour with cheese; gradually add to soup, stirring cheese until melted.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Divide among shallow serving bowls.
- Top with greens and additonal cheese.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating11 people
Love gouda cheese! This recipe sounds really good!juels in Clayton loved it
LOVELY recipe, Jm!! 55555lanacountry in Macon loved it
I like it. I like it.. 5cookingforfun in Marblehead loved it
Comfort Foods764 members
Soup Is Good Food562 members
Winter Dishes56 members
Seasonally Winter73 members
Eat Enjoy Your Veggies51 members
Frugal Pantry Cookers184 members
A Dash Or Two21 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
I Love SOUP97 members
All Things Cheese76 members