Thai Smoky Eggplant and vegetable saladFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 2 long purple eggplants (1 1/2 pounds each) shopping list
- 8 fresh kaffir lime leaves, minced, or 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 cup soy sauce shopping list
- 1 red Thai chile, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 small garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 hass avocado—halved, pitted and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin julienne strips shopping list
- 1 medium english cucumber, thinly sliced crosswise shopping list
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved shopping list
- 1/2 medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced shopping list
- Snipped chives, for garnishing shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint shopping list
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Light a grill or broiler
- Using a fork, prick the eggplants in a few places.
- Grill over high heat, turning occasionally, until the eggplants are very soft and blackened all over, about 35 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and let cool slightly.
- Cut the stems off the eggplants and scrape off the charred skin.
- Tear the eggplants into long strips and discard the seeds.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- In a small bowl, mix the lime leaves with the lime juice, soy sauce, chile, brown sugar, garlic and lemon zest.
- Stir 3 tablespoons of the dressing into the eggplant.
- Arrange the eggplant, avocado, carrot, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and red onion on a platter.
- Drizzle the remaining dressing over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the chives, mint and cashews over the salad and serve.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
wow superb recipe love it sounds so delicous thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it