Bbq Salmon With Roasted Corn Amp Black Bean SalsaFrom efitobx 5 years ago
- 4 salmon Filets, 6 to 8 oz. each shopping list
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil for searing shopping list
- ½ cup honey-Citrus BBQ Sauce shopping list
- FOR THE salsa shopping list
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained & rinsed shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 cup roasted corn, removed from cob shopping list
- 1/2 cup lime juice shopping list
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 medium poblano pepper, diced shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper shopping list
- 1/2 cup seeded diced tomato shopping list
- 1 tablespoon salt shopping list
- SWEET AND SMOKEY BBQ SAUCE shopping list
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1 cup ketchup shopping list
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard shopping list
- 1 tablespoon molasses shopping list
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke shopping list
- juice of 1 orange shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 tsp dried crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp hot sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp soy sauce shopping list
How to make it
- SALSA DIRECTIONS
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl up to and including the cilantro
- In a separate bowl, add the lime juice and spices, whisk in the olive oil a little at at time. Add to the salsa and toss gently to combine. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- SALMON COOKING DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pre-heat skillet over medium heat, (I like to use a good quality non-stick skillet for the first part of this process, but a cast
- iron skillet or grill pan will also work, or this can also be done on the grill.)
- Salt & pepper both sides of the salmon filets and drizzle
- some olive oil in the pan.
- Sear the filets no more than 3 minutes on each side.
- transfer the salmon to a foil or parchment lined sheet pan and brush generously with the barbecue sauce on the top and sides of each filet.
- Place the pan in a 425 degree oven for 5 minutes or until the barbecue sauce begins to caramelize.
- Serve over a mound of the roasted corn & black bean salsa and garnish with a few sprigs
- of fresh cilantro.
- SWEET & SMOKEY BBQ SAUCE DIRECTIONS
- Combine vinegar, liquid smoke, and brown sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add and combine the rest of ingredients well and refrigerate.
The Cookefitobx Norfolk, VA
The Rating5 people
This sounds fantastic. Love the combination of flavors and the salsa and sauce sound incredible. Great post and a high 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Great combination a definite winner! Another High 5.sxrxrr in Moonglow, Bermuda loved it
Great recipe! 5 forks!danipal in Chicago loved it