Grandmas Bread and Butter PuddingFrom annielikestocook 8 years ago
- 8 –10 Slices white bread (crusts removed) shopping list
- butter shopping list
- 450ml / 3/4 pint milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 50g / 2oz caster sugar shopping list
- 50g / 2oz sultanas shopping list
- ground nutmeg shopping list
- cinnamon shopping list
- brown sugar shopping list
- 5ml vanilla essence shopping list
How to make it
- Butter each slice of bread and cut into fingers or triangles.
- Grease or butter a shallow ovenproof dish. Arrange a layer of the bread, buttered side down on the base of the dish.
- Sprinkle some of the sultanas on the bread and dust with a little ground nutmeg.
- Cover with another layer of bread, sultanas, cinnamon, brown sugar and nutmeg.
- Finish with a layer of bread, buttered side up.
- Beat eggs, milk and sugar together and gently pour over the bread layers.
- Sprinkle some brown sugar.
- Allow to stand for about 10 to 15 minutes, then transfer to a pre-heated oven 180°C/ 350°F/ Gas 4 for about 30 minutes until risen and "set".
- Serve immediately with cream or custard.
The Cookannielikestocook Annacotty, IE
The Rating1 people
Sounds very yummy annie anything that any grandma makes has to be good right thanks for the suggestions below i know it will be fabulous ..........five forks plus
tink aka miniminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
i added your alterations to your recipe when i copied it thanksminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it